The Set Yourself Up for Success in the New Financial Year event on Friday afternoon at the Cove Business Hub saw a number of aspiring and current business owners come together in a relaxed setting to hear about services that can help you.
From Self-Employment Assistance via Sarina Russo Entrepreneurs, where speakers included Wendy Perry, Workforce BluePrint, Entrepreneur Facilitator for Adelaide – West, Switch Start Scale and Facilitator for Sea to Valley Startups to coworking and grants, read on for more info.
Session facilitators included:
Sarah Telford, Sarina Russo Entrepreneurs
Business coach and consultant and small business owner for over 10 years, specialising in helping clients explore opportunities to achieve their professional goals. Extensive experience working with start-ups and small businesses across a wide range of industries to strategically plan and develop the skills, knowledge and processes in their business to exceed customer expectations.
Marina Ritchie, Sarina Russo Entrepreneurs
Business development and marketing expert with 25+ years of experience in various industries, specialising in new technologies, innovation approach and cross-industry exchange. She is passionate about sharing her extensive experience in project management, marketing, business development and operations with business owners to support them in growing and scaling businesses.
Hayden Bates, Sarina Russo Entrepreneurs
Bachelor in Business Marketing with experience in multiple industries. He has extensive experience in developing business, marketing and financial plans. He specialises in digital marketing due to having ample knowledge in lead generation and social media marketing. He is passionate about small business and is currently in the product development stage of a new business venture.
To be eligible for Self-Employment Assistance you must:
- be at least 15 years of age (a person must be 18 years of age to access Small Business Coaching)
- not already be studying or employed for more than 25 hours per week
- not be prohibited by law from working in Australia
- not be an overseas visitor on a working holiday visa or an overseas student studying in Australia
- not be an undischarged bankrupt.
Other providers in Adelaide South include:
In Adelaide North:
Murray and South East – Inner Northern Group Training Limited
North West Country SA (includes Port Lincoln) – Auctus Consulting Pty Ltd
And in the Barossa and Clare Valleys, Yorke Peninsula and Mid North – Sea to Valley Startups, please join the Facebook group, and the Sea to Valley Startups – Barossa, Clare, YP, Mid North SA Meetup.
Entrepreneurship Facilitator Services
Providing information to people who are considering self employment and owners of existing micro-businesses that are at risk of not being commercially viable.
The key features of the Entrepreneurship Facilitator Program include:
- flexibility through networking and workshops to support people to consider self-employment, start and develop their viable small businesses
- delivery of core entrepreneurship advice to support continued business improvement for local small business owners
- a strong collaborative approach working with key stakeholders within the local business ecosystem to support entrepreneurship and create linkages and referrals to relevant local small business support services, including the Self-Employment Assistance program
- informal servicing through one-on-one support to provide specific business advice.
These services are for participants who:
- are interested in starting a business, or learning more about entrepreneurship
- have started a business within the last 2 years, or
- are operating a business at risk of not being commercially viable.
To tap please visit Switch Start Scale to book in with Wendy or Scott Perry for one-on-one support and check out What’s On, join the Side Hustle and Startup to Scaleup and Standout Meetup.
The Southern Business Mentoring Program is available to residents and businesses, operating within the Cities of Marion, Onkaparinga, Holdfast Bay and the District Council of Yankalilla.
Adelaide Business Hub is delivering the Australian Small Business Advisory Service, until September 2022 where you can access mentoring, workshops and events.
Western Business Leaders is free to join with a wide variety of events and information shared on socials and via regular email updates.
More information is expected to be released soon in relation to Australian and South Australian government grants, funding and programs.
In the meantime, register to come along to the free Western Business Leaders – Business Grants Workshop on Wednesday, 27 July 2022 from 5:45 pm – 8:00 pm ACST at the Healthy Living Precinct.
And if you have suggestions for events, programs, webinars and workshops, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, thank you.