Going along to events and networking is a fundamental part of building your business and networks, gaining feedback, ideas and connections, but a lot of time can be wasted going to activities that may not be valuable for you.
And whilst you do need an open mind to try out new things, going along to associations, groups and events outside of your industry sector or areas of expertise, it is important that you choose events that add value and fit your target market.
Sometimes this is what can happen:
- registering for all an any events
- wasting time and money going to events that are on the edge of what you need, not those that are right in your target
- dismissing events and Meetups that you think are on a topic outside of your interest
- going to events but sticking with your colleagues and people that you know
- making conversations about yourself and what you can offer
- not understanding who is who or appreciating the key people or VIPS you need to meet
- missing out on events because you are not across what is happening
- being new to a location, area or industry not knowing who to connect with
- not being confident or comfortable in conversations and introducing people to each other
- forgetting to take some pics (with people’s permission of course) and posting plus tagging on your socials
Perhaps use the list above and just check in with where you are at with each of these points.
In this blog, let’s uncover opportunities you might not know about what’s on now and over the next month or so, face to face (F2F) 🙂 and online* in date order:
9.2.22, 10:30 AM – 11:30 AM ACDT, How to Scope Out and Define your App Idea Webinar*
10.2.22, 7:30 am – 8:45 am ACDT, MPMV Business Breakfast 🙂
10.2.22, 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM ACDT, Bootstrap to Boom – Get Stuff Done – Outsourcing and Team*
10.2.22, 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm ACDT, Penfolds Estate Networking – Propel SA 🙂
15.2.22, 10:30 AM – 12:00 PM ACDT, Bootstrap to Boom – Get Stuff Done – Offers, Customers, Products, Pricing*
15.2.22, 5.00 pm – 7.00 pm, Informal Networking Drinks at Marion Hotel 🙂
15.2.22, 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM ACDT, Fivecast – Ruthless Automation for Secure Multi-account Sanity 🙂
16.2.22, 12:00 pm – 3:00 pm ACDT, Vision For The State Series: Steven Marshall 🙂
22.2.22, 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm ACDT, The Chamber Networking @ National Wine Centre of Australia 🙂
22.2.22, 5:30 PM – 7:00 PM ACDT, Adelaide Connected Event – The Startup Eco-System in South Australia 🙂
23.2.22, 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm ACDT, Adelaide Game Dev Unwind – February 2022 🙂
25.2.22, 10:30 AM – 12:00 PM ACDT, Bootstrap to Boom – Get Stuff Done – Systematise Intellectual Property*
2.3.22, 9:00 am – 11:00 am ACDT, Growing Your Business From Your Home Office (or Kitchen) 🙂
2.3.22, 12:00 PM – 1:30 PM ACDT, Bootstrap to Boom – Get Stuff Done – Proposals and Supporting Documents*
3.3.22, 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm ACDT, Book launch – ‘You Deserve to be Heard’ with Kerry Pienaar 🙂
7.3.22, 12:00 PM – 1:30 PM ACDT, Bootstrap to Boom – Get Stuff Done – Marketing and Social Media*
8.3.22, 11.00 am – 3.00 pm, Showcase SA International Women’s Day Luncheon 🙂
9.3.22 – 11.3.22, _SouthStart 🙂
16.3.22, 10:30 AM – 12:00 PM ACDT, Bootstrap to Boom – Get Stuff Done – LinkedIn Profile and Strategy*
24.3.22, 12:00 PM – 1:30 PM ACDT, Bootstrap to Boom – Get Stuff Done – Pitching, Speaking, Testimonials *
I’m looking for people who are interested in trialling a new service related to insights on upcoming events not to be missed, conferences and speaking opportunities, business and personal awards to apply for, as well as grants and funding.
If this is a potential service on all the good things you are interested in, and you would like to trial giving feedback to refine, please email email@example.com, thanks.