Do you want to take your business or idea to the next level? Entering awards can give you profile and promotion, opening up networks and new opportunities.
This event is the inaugural awards for Switch Start Scale, the Entrepreneurship Facilitator Service in Adelaide.
Eligibility: Being a client (1 on 1 support; participating in an event, tour, webinar, workshop) of Switch Start Scale is the key eligibility criteria for you to be able to enter the awards. You might have a business idea, startup or side hustle, be self-employed or a sub-contractor, run a small business, be scaling up or seen as a standout business. And you don’t need to be nominated by someone else.
Aim of the Switch Start Scale 2021 Awards is to:
- Highlight the diversity of business ideas & startups;
- Provide accessible awards that rewards entrepreneurial behaviours & spotting innovative opportunities;
- Offer clients and sponsors profile and promotion, opening up networks and new connections;
- Celebrate achievements and challenges, hard work and commitment, focus and tenacity; and
- Bring together the entrepreneurial ecosystem and startup community at an epic event.
Award categories include:
- Pitch and Presentation (you’ll need to send a link to a 3 minute video pitch via firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Pivot and Prosper
- Pro Side Hustle
- Problem/Gaps vs Ideas/Solutions
- Product, Prototype, Experience or Service Validation
- Progress and Persistence
- Switch Start Scale Supporter – Cheerleader for Entrepreneurs and Startups; Open your Networks; Mention their Name When They are not in the Room (NEW!)
Watch videos that explain the different award categories and subscribe to the YouTube channel.
The Switch Start Scale 2021 Awards event will be held on 10 June 2021 at 6.00 pm – 9.00 pm and you’ll need to register via Eventbrite to attend if you are a finalist with guests welcome too.
Timeframes to be aware of cover:
- Awards mentioned at events – 4 March 2021 & 10 March 2021
- Coming soon via socials and email – 20 March 2021
- Awards categories announced – 27 March 2021
- Awards applications open via socials and email including blog – 29 March 2021
- Awards applications close – 11 May 2021, 11.59 pm
- Judging – by 25 May 2021
- Awards finalists announced online in late May 2021
- Awards f2f event on 10 June 2021, 6.00 – 9.00 pm
If you are interested in sponsoring award categories then please reach out via email@example.com, thank you.
Please apply here by midnight on Tuesday 11 May 2021.
You’ll see that each award category has 3 judging criteria to address, and if you are wondering where they have been drawn from, it is based upon elements of the scorecard from, Will It Fly? How to Know if Your New Business Idea Has Wings…Before You Take the Leap.
If you have any questions then please feel free to reach out to Wendy Perry, Entrepreneurship Facilitator, Switch Start Scale via firstname.lastname@example.org, thanks.
Ph: 0416 150 491